top of page
School of Biotechnology &
Special Centre for Systems Medicine
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Room 115, SBT
New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi 110067
Email: binaypanda at jnu dot ac dot in,
binaypandalab at gmail dot com
Phone: +91-11-26704081 (office)
Data integration and Genomic medicine.
Building and optimizing tools for high-throughput data, especially genomics data.
Metabolic engineering of secondary metabolites.
Biodiversity genomics and informatics.
Open science and dissemination of knowledge to the wider society.
Publications (Recent Preprints, Peer-reviewed Articles, Newspaper Op-Eds & Policy documents)
1. Photosystem genes in chloroplast and their interacting partners: A case for molecular adaptation to carnivory in Nepenthaceae (2022) bioRxiv
Selected peer-reviewed articles
1. Building Biofoundry India: Challenges and path forward (2021).
2. The mutational landscape of early‐ and typical‐onset oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma (2020). Pubmed Article
3. Functional Genomics Screen with Pooled shRNA Library and Gene Expression Profiling with Extracts of Azadirachta indicaIdentify Potential Pathways for Therapeutic Targets in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma (2019).PubMed Article
4. CAFE MOCHA: An Integrated Platform for Discovering Clinically Relevant Molecular Changes in Cancer-An Example of Distant Metastasis- and Recurrence-Linked Classifiers in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma (2018). PubMed Article
1. BIOTECH-PRIDE (promotion of Research and Innovation through Data Exchange) Guidelines, July 2021. (I was a part of a committee of experts that wrote the first Guideline document).
Recent Newspaper Op-Eds
1. The coming 75 years.
The Hindu, 17 Aug 2022.
2. AlphaFold: A tour de force in science.
The Hindu. 2 Aug 2022.
3. Establishing India's Apple.
The Hindu, 13 Jan 2022
4. Science and technology is Central to a strong and lasting Indo-US ties.
Hindustan Times, 26 Jul 2021
bottom of page