top of page
School of Biotechnology &
Special Centre for Systems Medicine
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Room 115, SBT
New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi 110067
Email: binaypanda at jnu dot ac dot in,
binaypandalab at gmail dot com
Phone: +91-11-26704081 (office).
Please send me an email. I do NOT use phones for communications.
Data integration and Genomic medicine.
Building and optimizing tools for high-throughput data, especially genomics data.
Genome science and Metabolic engineering of secondary metabolites.
Biodiversity genomics and informatics.
Open science and dissemination of knowledge to the wider society.
Internship opportunity: We have openings only in data analysis at present (and not in experimental biology or wetlab experiment in the lab). Apply if you have experience with genomics data and/or image data analysis.
Recent Blog Posts
Scholarly Publishing, part 2
The current system of scholarly publishing is broken. When and how did it start, and why did scientists not build a fair system despite having access to the internet early? In this episode, second in the series, I discuss this and more on the problems of the current information dissemination system resulting from scientific experiments and the possible path forward with our guest, Michael Eisen.
Scholarly Publishing-I (Michael Eisen)
The current system of scholarly publishing is broken. When and how did it start, and why did scientists not build a fair system despite having access to the internet early? The episode discusses this and more on the problems of the current information dissemination system resulting from scientific experiments and the possible path forward with our guest, Michael Eisen.
(Recent Conference Presentations, Preprints, Peer-reviewed Articles, Newspaper Op-Eds & Policy documents)
Abstracts in International Conference
1. X-plat: a cross-platform transformation tool based on the nearest neighbor joining framework. RECOMB 2023. Poster.
1. Photosystem genes in chloroplast and their interacting partners: A case for molecular adaptation to carnivory in Nepenthaceae (2022) bioRxiv
Selected peer-reviewed articles
1. Artificial intelligence and real-world data for drug and food safety - A regulatory science perspective (2023). Article
2.Building Biofoundry India: Challenges and path forward (2021). Pubmed Article
3. The mutational landscape of early‐ and typical‐onset oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma (2020). Pubmed Article
4. CAFE MOCHA: An Integrated Platform for Discovering Clinically Relevant Molecular Changes in Cancer-An Example of Distant Metastasis- and Recurrence-Linked Classifiers in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma (2018). PubMed Article
1. BIOTECH-PRIDE (promotion of Research and Innovation through Data Exchange) Guidelines, July 2021. (I was a part of a committee of experts that wrote the first Guideline document).
1. The coming 75 years.
The Hindu, 17 Aug 2022.
2. AlphaFold: A tour
de force in science.
The Hindu. 2 Aug 2022.
3. Establishing India's
The Hindu, 13 Jan 2022
4. Science and technology
is Central to a strong and
lasting Indo-US ties.
Hindustan Times, 26 Jul 2021
bottom of page